Keep your vehicle in tip-top shape this holiday with the following car care tips from the expert techs at POMEN!
Step 1: Check your tire treads and tire pressure
– Poor tire treads will cause trouble during driving while traveling, even worse when the road is slippery. In the worst case scenario, your car will spin out of control on road. Your tire pressure is one of the most important thing. A tire that has more or less pressure will cause unsteady driving far from the usual.
Step 2: Black Seed Oil dan Automatic Transmission Fluid Oil (ATF)
– Most people rarely check this because it’s already labelled at the front mirror of the car, right? If it passes the limit, then you’ll go to service, isn’t that right? That is not a good thing to do. Check your engine oil before you start your long journey because we’ll never know if our engine will leak or not.
Step 3: Brake oil
– We don’t need to change our brake oils as much as we need for our Black Seed Oil but we still need to check it. Less brake oils will give you a less unperfect grip on your brake disc and will affect your driving if you oftenly brake suddenly.
Step 4: Power steering oil
– Check your power steering oil in case there is leaking. Less power steering oil will cause unsteady driving on road because the steering is too heavy to handle.
Step 5: Coolant fluid
– Make sure your coolant fluid is at the sufficient point. Don’t let the coolant fluid be at low level or it will make your car radiator less water and failed to cool the engine.
Step 6: Battery fluid
– Before you hit on your journey, check your battery first. Now, this is one of the part that most people always forget to check. For those who is too lazy to frequently check it, you can use dry cell car battery but we don’t really recommend to use as it is non-durable and is far more expensive than wet car cell battery which will last longer but need to constantly check the fluids (in case it dries out).
Step 7: Wiper fluids
– Check the water level of your car wiper. This doesn’t affect the components in your car but what if there is a bird suddenly pooped on your front mirror? We’ll never know!
Step 8: Check you lights
– Check all your car lights such as headlights, fog lights, both signals, double signals and brake lights especially the third brake lights (many cars doesn’t have this). A lighted car light does not just make your driving go smoothly but it is also helps other people to stay alert with your car. Safety first!
Step 9: Check spare tyres
– Check your spare tyres which is usually located in at the back of your bonet. Check if the tire treads is in a good condition and make sure the pressure of the tire is enough.
Step 10: Check your car recovery tools
– Last but not least, check your recovery tools to change your tires. It must contain jack,jack wrench, triangle hazard and a lug wrench to remove the lug nuts. Try to put some oil to the Jack to make it easier to use when changing your tires. Make sure all the tools is in a good condition before you start your journey.
Those are just 10 easy car care guides for you before embarking on a long journey for a vacation.
Still unsure with yourself to inspect your car? Don’t panic! At POMEN, we bring the workshop to you. We connect car drivers to our nearby workshop merchants, all from a single of button on the POMEN App.
Download POMEN App now and we will gladly give you a helping hand.